Translate

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Discard Pile


These two cartoons were samples I had planned to submit to MAD magazine, around the mid 1990s I think...the joke was, "What if older features tried to copy the success of Calvin & Hobbes?" It was more relevant at the time, of course. I don't know why I never finished them...it was probably one of the times I had to switch jobs or apartments, so I probably packed them away and forgot them.

I pulled both drawings out late last year and decided to finish inking them. The color was done in Photoshop; I'm trying to use the color halftone filter to get that old newsprint look. It doesn't look quite right, but I like the effect much better than just flat color!








1 comment:

  1. What do you use for for your color?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...